Reading, the Canary in the Mind
Welcome to Letter 1 of Reader, Come Home
Dr. Wolf shares why it is of “utmost importance to be informed by the growing knowledge on the impact of different media if we are to prepare all our children, wherever they live, to read deeply and well, in whatever medium.”
For the virtual book study, read Letter 1 of Reader, Come Home, watch the roundtable discussion video, and answer the following discussion questions.
What changes have you noticed in yourself and your own reading over recent years?
In anticipation of the Letters to come, what will your focus be as you read?
Ready to explore deeper? Enjoy our full Letter 1 lecture.
Reader, Come Home Virtual Book Study Letters:
- Letter 1: Reading, the Canary in the Mind
- Letter 2: Under the Big Top: An Unusual View of the Reading Brain
- Letter 3: Deep Reading: Is It Endangered?
- Letter 4: “What Will Become of the Readers We Have Been?”
- Letter 5: The Raising of Children in a Digital Age
- Letter 6: From Laps to Laptops in the First Five Years- Don’t Move Too Fast
- Letter 7: The Science and Poetry in Learning (and Teaching) to Read
- Letters 8 & 9: Building a Biliterate Brain & Reader, Come Home
- Concluding Livestream by Dr. Wolf on March 12 at 7pm ET