Happy Black History Month! Activate learning, thinking and acting this month and beyond with the children you teach. Check out best practices below, curated by the staff of the Atlanta Speech School!
- Choose an African American child(ren) who has impacted change.
- Use text and/or other resources to learn about the child(ren) your class has chosen.
- Create a display to post outside your classroom. This will make room for collaboration and opportunities for classes to learn from each other.
- Text-to-Self Connection: Use “I am…I can…” to help students reflect on and discuss identity, gifts, strengths, areas of passion, and ways they can positively impact the world around them.
- Create self-portraits and descriptions using media of your choice and the “I am, I can…” board/sheet.
Want more? Check out our other Black History-themed blog posts below: